Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Bad Drill Bits!!! If you don't have a Darex Drill Doctor, read at your own risk of failing to understand.

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:16:46 -0600, spaco wrote:

I put an image of a drill bit on my website to try to show this problem.

Go to:
http://www.spaco.org/BadDrillBits.jpg
The RED areas show where, IMO, metal is missing from the back side of
the land area.

I'd be interested to hear from others who have had similar experiences
or could shed light on the problem.

Pete Stanaitis

Not a bad drill bit.. a bad drill bit sharpener. That form is common in roll
forged twist drills. Normally found in larger sizes though.

Mark Rand
RTFM