Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Sink/pedestal fit?

I'm not too sure that the weight of the basin can be held by the screws
near the bottom - the basin wall thickness is less then 10mm there, with
25mm of body around it. It does need the pedestal to support it (well,
this one does), then the screws are added to make sure it doesnt move
once seated on the putty. There are also 2 screw holes at the pedestal
base, for which you need to be a contortionist to get screws into.

I tend to agree about the wall fixing - I think they are to prevent the
basin being pulled from the wall - the weight should be taken by the
pedestal. China isn't strong in shear.