Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower
no one no one is offline

Default OT GUNS

Kennedy wanted the tax cuts to be temporary, and he didn't cut them to
the level that would bring about a huge debt. Comparing
Kennedy to Bush is a joke.

True, Kennedy put troops into combat in a country where we had no clear
strategic interest, only a political interest.

Which one Vietnan or Cuba....comes to mind.

We had a strategic interest in Cuba (still do) but it is a good example of
what I call the democratic war strategy which started with Truman. You
don't fight to win. You fight only until the other side agrees to stop then
you return to the status quo or you claim victory and run leaving someone
else to pay the price of your failure. Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, and many
'brush wars' in Africa are other examples.