Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Storing Gasoline in the House

wrote:
I was told that storing gasoline inside the house is dangerous.
I have no place to keep it outdoors, so I must keep it inside the
house. I spoke to a guy who worked for the volunteer fire department
many years ago. He said that if the gas is indoors, keep the can
inside a metal container. I looked around the house and found the
only fully metal container I have is the oven on the kitchen stove.
I put the gas can in there. The 5 gallon plastic can just barely fits
in the oven. I feel much safer now.

Well, I better go help the wife, she's preparing to bake Christmas
cookies.

Doesn't even score a half-point on the troll-O-meter. Don't quit yer day job
:-)