Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Opinion please.. kinda OT and OT

"Robatoy" wrote

I guess the question is, is the 3 minute wait worth it for a slightly
more realistic image?
The fact that some people like the 'snap' of the left image, makes me
wonder if that 'snap', and the speed, would be more effective.

I suppose you could "read" each individual client and give them what they
want.

I am reminded of a story I read about a local roofing guy who did a little
computer magic from the roof top. He had a laptop and a baby-portable
printer. He would go up on the rooftop, make some measurements, etc, imput
the data into the computer and print out a complete estimate from the
rooftop.

It would include lots of extra info above and beyond the actual roofing
estimate. People were so blown away by this guy's technical wizardry, they
often signed the estimate on the spot. And he priced himself about 30 - 40 %
above the market rate too.

It was simply a flashy sales presentation. And it worked too!