Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] rbce2003@hotmail.com is offline

Default viewing spray patterns

I am working on a spray nozzle design, and I would like to be able to
view the spray pattern in stop motion. This is not a get rich sort of
deal, more of an experiment so the funds for anything exotic is not
going to happen. To this point I have been using the macro setting on
a 4 Megapixel digital camera with flash and it gets a pretty good
image. Since I have a few automotive tools around, I have also been
using a timing light driven by an ignition module tester. This works
very well to get a visual of the spray pattern and droplet size also,
but very clumbsy.

One thing that would help me is if I were to have 4 timing lights
flashing simutaniously from beneath the nozzle.

The circuit used now to drive the timing lights is overly complex, and
I would rather look to some sort of strobe light driver to flash 4
strobes.

Can anyone add some insight or positive feedback to this query?