Posted to uk.d-i-y
David W.E. Roberts David W.E. Roberts is offline

Default Sink/pedestal fit?

"A.Lee" wrote in message
I'm in the process of fitting a new bathroom, and went to fit the sink
today, and found that it wouldnt sit flat on the pedestal.
It is made by Armitage Shanks, so not a particularly cheap suite.

I'm going to the shop at 9am tomorrow to see what they have to say, but
my view is that there has been a mix up either in what they have
delivered, or maybe they were not aware that they are different.

Now, the sink and pedestal should be a good fit shoudnt they?
I.E. no wobbling when they are sat together on a level surface.

This one has 2 ridges on the sink, upon which they sit on the pedestal
edge - it looks like the pedestal should be half an inch wider, so it
sits either side of the ridges.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

I think that the pedestal is not intended to be the main support of the
sink - it is there to conceal the pipes.

The sink I have fixes to the wall by some seriously large bolts (the
previous one I did was not as good - used screws and wall plugs).

As far as I can see you fix the sink to the wall, then slip in the pedestal
and then seal any gaps with white silicone to make it look pretty.

Given that it is not supporting the sink, wobble should not be an issue.

HTH

Dave R