Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Efficient operation

Bob Eager wrote:

My understanding is that it's the flow temperature that's regulated by
the stat. This doesn't need to be as high all the time....and keeping
it lower increases the condensing effect.

But I'm not an expert either!

It's certainly true that the flow temperature of a non-condensing
non-modulating boiler is controlled by the stat - but I'm not sure whether
that applies to modulating condensing boilers.

What's your understanding of how modulation works?

I'm sure Andy Hall will be along soon, and put us all right!
--
Cheers,
Roger