Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rob Morden Rob Morden is offline

Default Iggy? Forklift rental - machine delivery

Karl,
I'll be in touch. I'm getting the motor and gear box out of another
one so I can put in the back gear - mine is a flat belt drive and it
is a v-belt but I have the gear box off mine but missing some pieces.

I understand that these machines were between 3200 and 3800 lbs new
complete. Mine right now has the doors (200 lbs ?) and the motor /
drive assembly out so we are guessing about 2500 lbs for what is left.
Pretty wild for a 12 x 26 or so lathe.

Thanks
rem

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 07:56:06 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

It is certainly a DIY operation if one has even modest skills. I
received a B'Port mill from a flatbed tilt trailer. Skidded it off
with cardboard and a boat winch.

Failing a tilt trailer, a skidsteer e.g. Bobcat would get 'er done.

That 10EE weighs more than two bridgeports and is top heavy. (narrow
machine) You tip it over and you got a pile o' scrap. If you can get it
banded to a serious pallet it will help you out considerably.

When you get her landed, I'd be glad to share experiences with putting a new
drive in. Long story short - get a big (7.5 or 10)three phase motor and VFD.
Big motor so you no longer need a back gear. Or I can share how I reused the
old backgear.

Karl