Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend[_2_] Karl Townsend[_2_] is offline

Default Iggy? Forklift rental - machine delivery

It is certainly a DIY operation if one has even modest skills. I
received a B'Port mill from a flatbed tilt trailer. Skidded it off
with cardboard and a boat winch.

Failing a tilt trailer, a skidsteer e.g. Bobcat would get 'er done.

That 10EE weighs more than two bridgeports and is top heavy. (narrow
machine) You tip it over and you got a pile o' scrap. If you can get it
banded to a serious pallet it will help you out considerably.

When you get her landed, I'd be glad to share experiences with putting a new
drive in. Long story short - get a big (7.5 or 10)three phase motor and VFD.
Big motor so you no longer need a back gear. Or I can share how I reused the
old backgear.

Karl