Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Handling a very heavy steel beam

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 01:11:12 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Any thoughts on how to resolve this would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks in advance for your help.

Lee.

We would probably roll the beam into position on scaffold tubes, it is
amazing the loads you can shift using this method. Once in position,
we normally would try to use Genie lifts to get the beam up to the
correct height, then scaffold up underneath the beam to support it,
lower it onto the scaffold (pre-greased) and slide/ turfor it into
final position. If the ground the genies are on is really good, i.e.
decent flat concrete, we would use the genie's to just roll it into
place rather than slide it. The scaffold is there then only as a
safety feature in case of a problem.

This is the type of lift I mean
http://www.dale-lifting.co.uk/p41613...Advantage.html

HTH