Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] whitely525@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default UK mains voltage 240...220..?

On 20 Dec, 11:12, Huge wrote:
On 2007-12-20, wrote:

I heard that UK mains voltage was reduced to harmonise with Europe..
if true when did this happen and what is it..?

No it isn't, and years ago. What happened was the voltages were changed on
paper, but nothing actually changed in the wires...

I have a relay with a coil voltage of 220 to 230V 50-60Hz which
replaces an old one (240V/50Hz).

That'll be fine.

thanks.. I thought it might be a reason why the old relay does not
work: I guess not.

[email me at huge {at} huge (dot) org dot uk]