Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default screws and screwdrivers

In article ,
wrote:
I see some cordless drills are screwdriver/drills and others are
drills/hammer drills. Is it not possible to get one tool that does all
three: screw driver/drill/hammer drill?

Yes; I'd say any cordless drill these days will be fine for screw driving.
All you really need for this is a slow chuck speed or variable speed. A
slipping clutch to set the maximum torque is useful but not essential. I
have an ancient mains hammer drill that reverses and has a 50 rpm speed
and no clutch which I used for screw driving before cordless arrived.

--
*A nest isn't empty until all their stuff is out of the attic

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.