Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] invalid.address@reply.to.newsgroup.com is offline

Default screws and screwdrivers

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:38:23 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I'd go for a cordless drill driver maybe 12v. Good makes are surprisingly
powerful for their size & weight. Makita, DeWalt or Bosch are worth a
look - lots of good deals around.

Sorry for the late reply.

There's been a couple of recommendations for the Bosch, I'll have to
look into that.

I see some cordless drills are screwdriver/drills and others are
drills/hammer drills. Is it not possible to get one tool that does all
three: screw driver/drill/hammer drill?

I use Quicksilver with wall plugs & Turbo Gold on wood. Turbo Golds are
brilliant - fast driving, no pilot, work right up to the edge without
splitting.

Thanks. I'll look into the turbo gold. Splitting can be tricky near
the edge. How do Turbo gold avoid that?

Merry Christmas.