Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Should I empty the bathtub?

wrote in message

I live in upstate NY and my house is heated with a furnace. The air in
my house is slightly on the dry side during the winter. When someone
takes a hot bath in the house should the hot water be left in the tub
till it cools down? It seems that if it were then it would contribute
both heat and moisture to the house.
Thanks , Richard

On Dec 18, 7:46 pm, "Cliff Hartle" wrote:
I think if I did my math right, if 40 gallons of water start at 100 degrees
and it cools to 70 you saved 13 cents based one therm of gas costing $1.14.

PS I have no idea how much a therm goes for these days.

I did a similar set of calcs & came up with something in the 15 to 20
cent range

so the total benefit depends on how often the OP uses the tub.

cheers
Bob