Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

Default Heat pump vs. Propane (& back-up generator)

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...or-275418-.htm
:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Fact is, in my entire 62 years we've only ever had an outage lasting
more
than two hours one time after a hurricane. That was about 24 hours
out.
Given the past record, I'll take my chances.

Thank you for bringing THIS much experience to the table here, Ed ;-)
I do agree with the OP that it is a rather scare thing to have no means of
heating or even brewing a cup of coffee every once in a while but in the
climate where he and I live it is extremely rare. Not sure what change the
global warming might bring but so far a generator seems even less useful
than a snowblower. The latter may actually have to used two or three times
a year.

\//.