Posted to comp.periphs.printers, sci.electronics.repair
Doc Doc is offline

Default Unclogging stubborn Epson CX5200 printhead

I have an Epson CX5200 that I let sit for a while and ended up with
what I assume to be a clogged printhead.

I disassembled it to the point of having the head actually out of the
cart carrier - i.e. the part with the circuit board on it separated
from the intermediate ported plastic piece, and using a syringe and
alcohol, butted up against the rubber seal and can get a nice multi-
jet stream out of all the ports except the black. That one seems
utterly stopped up. I've even tried alternately applying suction and
pressure with the syringe, nuthin'. It still works fine for scanning
but would like to get it to print again.

Anyone know of a trick to get it unclogged?

Thanks for all input