Posted to rec.woodworking
Curran Copeland Curran Copeland is offline

Default Opinion please.. kinda OT and OT

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I'm due to go back to work after New Years and I simply won't have the
time to dick around with frivolous things after that.
But I did get some constructive development done with my 3d stuff.
One thing that puzzles me. What is really required, in terms of
rendering quality, when I make a presentation to a customer.

Many of you have a keen eye. I would appreciate an honest opinion
which of the two images comes across as the 'obvious' better of the
two.
One of them takes a whole lot more horsepower than the other and
subsequently a lot more time.
EVERYthing in the two images is the same: lights, camera angle,
textures etc.
One is rendered in Raytracing, the other in Radiosity. Both in Strata.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...Rendertest.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Both have good and bad points, one on left is a harder and crisper image
then one on right, one on left seems clearer but I don't like the way the
tile looks on the right side of the sink unit, seems to be very out of
square, right hand pic is the same but the softer image makes the tile look
better. I would go with the low horsepower pic since both give a good
professional image. I like the right one better but only slightly.