Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Getting An Enclosed Trailer...Questions, Questions, Questions

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 08:51:33 -0600, Ignoramus28147

On 2007-12-19, Wes wrote:
A front mounted trailer hitch works wonders using your tow vehicle. I always
parked F4 Phantoms in the barn using the front hitch of the tow tractor.
Having the steer wheels near tongue or tow bar makes maneuvering a piece of
cake. Not to mention looking forwards while you are doing this.

All that is needed is some practice... Though a front mounted hitch is
a very interesting idea.

No amount of practice can make possible what geometry makes
impossible. A front hitch is a godsend when it's necessary to
maneuver a trailer with very limited maneuvering room.

I've put front hitches on my last two tow vehicles. I've seldom used
them, but there have been times when nothing else would have worked.