Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Iggy? Forklift rental - machine delivery

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:33:36 -0600, Rob Morden
wrote:

I just bought a Monarch EE10 - an old one with the drive out of it so
I can afford it. Unfortunately this is the first machine I've bought
that is over 1 ton and I need to unload it when they deliver it.

I recall Iggy that you said some time ago that you had a place that
you rented a forklift from for a day at a pretty reasonable price.
Could you recommend somebody.

I'm in Aurora IL USA and have a slightly sloped asphault driveway to
work on. The guy delivering will have it on a Ford Superduty flat bed
and I need to get it into the garage so it at least clears the door.
I have wheels for it at that point.

I need more space, and more time.

I'll post pictures of it somewhere when I get it next month.

Thanks
rem

Hey Rem,

Fitch rented one to take a CNC mill off a trailer once. But that was
maybe 8 or 9 years ago in California. Worked out real well, and he
had enough money left over to buy a new house!!!VBG

Call around. The biggest cost is the drop-off and pick-up charge.