Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff R. Jeff R. is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

big snip

In other words, you're getting a highly skewed view from the discussions
here. This is a very concentrated dose of gun-related discussion and
activity. The philosophies of carrying a concealed gun you'll hear in this
place are not necessarily odd, but they're not majority views. Most
Americans are a lot more like you in that regard. But not completely.
We'll usually make a stronger case for self-defense, even though most of
us will never encounter a need for it. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Thanks for that post, Ed.
Aussies like me, who learnt everything we know about the USA from:
(1) The Simpsons,
(2) Letterman, and
(3) newsgroups like this,
sometimes forget that the vast majority of 'merkins are just reg'lar folk
who *don't* bristle with armaments.

Its always a relief to be reminded that *some* of the regular posters on
this group are not necessarily representative of the whole.

--
Jeff R. in Sydney