Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Iggy? Forklift rental - machine delivery

"Rob Morden" wrote in message
I just bought a Monarch EE10 - an old one with the drive out of it so
I can afford it. Unfortunately this is the first machine I've bought
that is over 1 ton and I need to unload it when they deliver it.

I recall Iggy that you said some time ago that you had a place that
you rented a forklift from for a day at a pretty reasonable price.
Could you recommend somebody.

I'm in Aurora IL USA and have a slightly sloped asphault driveway to
work on. The guy delivering will have it on a Ford Superduty flat bed
and I need to get it into the garage so it at least clears the door.
I have wheels for it at that point.

I need more space, and more time.

I'll post pictures of it somewhere when I get it next month.

Thanks
rem

Call whoever is going to deliver it, and perhaps they will have a plausible
alternative. Like delivering it on a bobtail that has a lift that will
handle it. They may surprise you with a simple reasonably priced solution.

Steve