Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28147 Ignoramus28147 is offline

Default Getting An Enclosed Trailer...Questions, Questions, Questions

On 2007-12-19, Gerald Miller wrote:
My first experience in trailer towing involved a 17' "travel trailer"
converted to a mobile materials laboratory towed by a 1/2 T pickumup.
I had already passed the in house drivers test and hooked up to the
trailer for the trailer endorsement (basically to ensure that I wasn't
a complete Idiot) On returning to the yard, I spent over an hour
trying to maneuver the unit back into it's slot. Finally the heavy
float driver took pity on me and spent nearly as long getting it in
place, his comment being "it sure isn't like backing a 40' semi!"
After 6 months of moving the unit three times a week I was able to
centre it with 2" clearance on either side first try every time.

My new short trailer did require some re-learning after towing a very
long boat trailer. But by now I can operate it somewhat better.