Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman Frank Drackman is offline

Default Getting the Craftsman Compucarve thingie for Christmas anyone using it out there?

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

The bearings he was talking about are the precision components in

the
actuator assemblies that move the spindle, not the spindle bearings.

think it is nothing about the load. The high percision bearings wear
out quickly because they are built to introduce no darg and have no
slop (high percision) and the tradeoff for this combination is

shorter
life span. I'm sure you could let the spindle spin for years..

Having spent a few years doing bearing research as well as specifing
bearings for both automotive as well as machine tool applications,
gives me a little perspecyive ao the subject of bearings.

Any supplier who tried to pass off the above, would have been placed
on the unapproved list.

I guess that you will not be purchasing one.