Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Getting the Craftsman Compucarve thingie for Christmas anyoneusing it out there?

The bearings he was talking about are the precision components in the
actuator assemblies that move the spindle, not the spindle bearings. I
think it is nothing about the load. The high percision bearings wear
out quickly because they are built to introduce no darg and have no
slop (high percision) and the tradeoff for this combination is shorter
life span. I'm sure you could let the spindle spin for years..

On Dec 19, 12:10 am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
I wouldn't worry about a breakdown. I think the PM said he thought

the
the main bearings would last over 2,000 hours, but that's just a

year
in a production shop.

2,000 hour bearing life!

You can't be serious, unless that is at 100% load.

Lew
.