Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default help with scarts and things

Phil B wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

Peter Crosland wrote:

Dave wrote:

Peter Crosland wrote:

Dave wrote:

Some of you may have seen a post from me about video quality.

I need to go into this and hooking up DVD rewriter, free view and
video recorder a lot deeper.

Can any one tell me of a suitable ng to post to please.

This might help.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

Thanks Peter, but I want the wife to be able to record freeview on the
dvd re-recorder. The problem I have right now, is that if I power up
the digi box, all is fine. When I power up the DVD re-recorder, it
swamps the TV with the signal that is coming from the digi box. They
are all scart connected.
I am thinking that a video recorder that is switched off, might buffer
the digi signal out, to allow the other digi channels and terrestrial
to be seen on the TV.

Basically, I want all options to see and record and see other channels
at the same time.

I am a radio amateur, so I should be able to sort this out with no
outside help, but I am just coming out of a long period of poor health
(mainly bronchitis)

Owain is correct Dave. You will find some very knowledgeable people on
the uk.tech.digital-tv group.

73 de G6JNS

You must have sat the same snail pace exam that I did, I didn't get my
call sign until the following July :-)

Dave

Dave,

I think you'll need to give more details before anyone can sensibly help
you.
How many scart connections on the digi box? what are they labelled?
Ditto on the recorder box?
How many scart leads do you have in the setup and how are they connected?

Noted. I will get back to you soon.

Dave