Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default B&Q (And others?) LED external floodlights

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:13:08 +0000, Edgar wrote:

Most places in the UK probably have more than enough sky glow though,
we don't. It's actually a bit unnerving standing outside knowing your
eyes are open but not being able to see anything.

You must be one of the darkest places in England.

I think we probably are.

When cloudy I would think the skyglow from Carlisle and
tyne/Wear/Cleveland would be noticable.

You can spot the small orange bump on the horizon from Carlisle if you
know where to look. Teeside can put up quite a glow but that depends on
cloud height and visibilty, it varies greatly.

Clouds - Mist - Thick fog. They're all the same there.

B-) Know the feeling, at least this winter has been generally bright,
clear and crisp. I detest temps a degress or so above freezing and hill
fog, the cold and damp just creeps into you.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail