Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default cultured marble tubs

I am doing some research for a bathroom renovation.There is a business
in town that will install a cultured marble whirlpool bathtub at a
very competative price compared to an acrylic tub. Anyone familiar
with cultured marble products and their pros and cons?

Cultured marble may look dated in your area, but I would choose using it over
acrylic any day. The gelcoat finish on an acrylic tub will wear over time, and
is less resistant to cleaners.

On my last house I had an acrylic shower pan and a cultured marble tub. After 14
years, the shower pan looked horrible (even after refinishing) and the tub
looked like new.

I've not seen cultured mable jetted tubs though. You might want to double check
that. Most of them tend to be acrylic. You might also consider the value of the
jetted tub over time. Most people think they're really cool until they actually
get one. Then they find out they get used once a year or less!

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars