Sue

Default Gunner: I'm back

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:56:33 -0700, Tim May
wrote:

In article , Richard A. Faust
wrote:

Our government is heading in that direction, at least in regard to
health care. Many hard working folks are finding it tough to make ends
meet these days. Many companies are dropping health care altogether or
charging workers premiums that take back a large portion of their wage.
The cost of health care has been increasing exponentially for the past
several years. Soon the only hope for most people in the U.S. will be a
national health care program.

Your translation that people did not save, did not invest, did not find
a well-paying job is rather simplistic. Are you saying that it is
possible for *everyone* in our country to be able to do the things you
have suggested? Somehow I believe you have been rather lucky in your lot
in life and now choose to pick on the less fortunate. Did you ever
consider that you could be one car accident away from a complete turn
around of your good fortune? Then what would you say when all your
savings and investments were used up paying for an unforeseen calamity?
Should we, the people, then tell you it's your fault for not looking
ahead and planning for that automobile accident. Sounds rather foolish
doesn't it?

No, because _your_ bad fortune is NOT my problem. Nor is _my_ bad
fortune YOUR problem.

Gunner himself has issued many posts to this precise effect, citing
Sen. Crockett's speech, citing the perils of nationalized health care,
and on and on.

As for your "unforeseen calamity" point, this is why people buy
insurance. They pay others to agree to deal with rare and unexpected
events.

Gunner has described how he let his ex-wife (though he now seems to be
calling her his "wife," though it's not clear to me what the situation
is...I'm not sure I want to know the sordid details) steal some of his
money, how she cuckolded him shortly after they were married, how he
took her back when she got too drug-addled, and so on. Google Groups
has all the details, freely confessed by Gunner.

(Let me tell you folks this: one reason I may appear "distant"--as some
have said, more or less--is that I avoid discussing my personal
tragedies on a public and very-archved list.)

Which I hope are legion.

Gunner has for several years now--beginning in 2000, though I haven't
looked further back, so it may go back further--been using these
newsgroups to whine about his ex-wife, his no-good son (the one by the
guy who his wife cuckolded him with), his poor job prospects, how Taft
is so far away from hospitals and jobs, and on and on.

I had to killfile him a few years ago, but now I see this outpouring of
"Poor Gunner!" tales and the "Angels will guide you!" religious
gibberish, and it's just too ludicrous not to comment on.

Gunner, whom I sometimes used to agree with, has made nearly every bad
decision that could be made, as if he were setting out 25 years ago to
martyr himself at every step of the way. From "taking back" a slutty
tramp of a wife, who also was doing drugs, to raising a kid that wasn't
even his own, to entering a career that even as early as 1980 was seen
as dying out, to living in a remote part of California very far from
jobs, to taking in the slut again and having her steal $$$ from him, to
letting his bum son and his wife and kid move in....it goes on.

He has no business lecturing us on politics and morality as if he's
some latter-day Heinlein.

As you have never had any business complaining about women eating too
much. That one sure came back to bite you in the ass. Snicker.
Hypocrite. Once again:

http://www.mccullagh.org/image/d30-2...-dinner-2.html

Sue