Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Stink in basement tub / bathroom

In article
,
cln wrote:

I've had tenants in my basement for 3-5 years. House is 30 years old.
A stinky smell comes from the tub in basement. It comes and goes but
is mostly always there.

Were do I start looking? The fixtures are used so all the traps are
filled. Poor workmanship is a possibility but since it hasn't happened
for years I tend to think leafs are blocking the pipes or something
else.

The smell came _before_ I got the roof worked on, it's still there.

Can I blow (one second plumber) in the tub to push **** out?
Any other suggestions?

thanks all
cln

I'd definitely put a gallon of bleach down the tub drain and let it sit
overnight; no water to be used in the apartment at all.