Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zenier Mark Zenier is offline

Default Need Generic Freezer Wiring Diagram

In article ,
hr(bob) wrote:
After I commented on a freezer post last week, my ancient Sears
Coldspot freezer has been acting up. Before I unload everything so
that I can move it, and hopefully find a wiring diagram on the back, I
would like a generic wiring diagram so I can see what possible
connections might be. I can get to the defrost timer on the front
lower panel, and plan on checking it out, but also curious what other
connections might be.

It doesn't have to be a Sears freezer, any old wiring diagram that
includes a defrost thermostat would be appreciated. It would help to
confirm what I am expecting.

Is it frost free? On a Whirlpool refrig., the defrost thermostat is a
high temperature (70 degrees F) cutout. I assume only comes into effect
when things are out of whack. It's in series with the defrost heater,
clipped to one of the brackets that hold the evaporator coils.

You should be able to ohm out the heater+defrost circuit at the timer
if the guts are buried down in a hard to get place.

Mark Zenier