Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default OT - Politics

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message

You must be a blissful individual.

FDR commited or caused acts of war to be commited in an effort to get
into
the war in Europe, and stated flatly that he preferred the Japanese to
strike the first blow as well.

Yes, have you ever heard of Hitler, Mussilini and Stalin? Fighting
the Nazis in Africa and Europe was quite preferable to waiting until
they landed on Long Island. Just my personal opinion.

Ironically, Hitler turned on his ally Stalin so that the Soviets
became
our ally, Hilter being the greater threat at the time. But keep in
mind that early in the War we sent aid to the Finns to fight against
the Soviets.FDR was anticipating a world war against Germany,
Japan, Italy, AND the Soviet Union.

...and stated flatly that he preferred the Japanese to
strike the first blow as well.

I'd like an exact quote with context for that statement.

My guess, at this point, is that FDR, if he said anything at all
on the subject, said something to the effect that we should not
declare war on Japan unless the Japanese attacked us first.

The country, on the other hand, was pretty happy selling
machinery and oil for money, not Lend-Lease, FOB a US
port. Did more for the economy than simply make-work
and printing money.

He did manage, over the objections of the Republicans, to
sell some arms to Finland to assist in their defense against
the Soviet Union.

It might interest you to know that we supported colonial powers, and were
one ourselves in the Pacific. Imagine if the current crop of press-pigs
had
had an opportunity to work on that?

The contemporarary press-pigs supported American Colonialism
of course. Remember the Maine?

As I said. Blissful. I could give you chapter and verse on the FDR
reference, but you REALLY need to read up on some History before you appear
even more ignorant. So I'll leave it to you.

While you're shopping, look up the meaning of "neutral."