Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Take yer gun to the mall

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Fire alarms - if I go off my brain in the mall, can I pull out my fire
alarm and kill people with it. No. A gun would be better.
Seat belts - they have been compulsory here since the 1970's. Rate of
fatal car crashes has declined by 50% per head of population. I
suppose I could unbolt the seat belt from my car and ram it down
someones throat and so kill them....but a gun would be better.

It sounds like you have severe anger issues, always describing ways
that you can kill people.

Unlike the people who discuss caliber and muzzle velocity in terms of
terminal ballistics in, oh, say, goats. d8-)

Agreed - and congratulations on surviving the car crash and the
shootdowns. I havent been shot down, but a seatbelt enabled me to
survive a horrific car crash.

And I survived a head on collision, only because I had taken off my
seat belt a few minutes earlier. The police who arrived on the scene
wanted to know where the driver's body was. They were stunned that they
were talking to the driver and told me several times that I was blessed,
and had survived ONLY because I removed the seat belt.

You are nutz if you think that was a smart thing to do. You're nutz and
lucky to the tune of 49:1. If you don't believe that, you need some better
reading material. You may be blessed; I'd have no way to tell. But one thing
is su you should have headed for the nearest horse track and bet the
farm. That was your lucky day.

A seat belt saved my life in 1971. It also kept me out of the hospital. The
other guy (no seat belt, heavier car, lots more padding -- I was in a 1967
Ford Bronco) spent months recovering from a ruptured spleen and needed
multiple plastic surgeries before they'd let him sit in a church pew without
a bag over his head.

And for every one of you, there are 49 of me. Do you play Russian roulette,
too?

Ed, that was the only time I EVER drove that truck without wearing my
seat belt. It took me over four hours, just to get home, hitching rides
with one police department, after another. I was sore for weeks. The
impact threw me towards the passenger's door. I bent the steering column
to the right, till it almost touched the dash. My head pushed most of
the rear window out of the rubber seal, as well.

The truck was totaled. It was an '83 Toyota pickup with 13,000 miles
on it, and was just barely seven months old. Both doors were jammed
shut, and the seat had crushed the full gas tank. Gasoline was pouring
out onto the ground and some crazed hippy with a lit signal flare was
running towards me and the puddle of gasoline, while I kicked the
passenger's side door open. I had to shove the druggie jackass away
from the gasoline, then I had to slug him to get the flare away before
he started a fire. he was stupid enough to complain the the police, and
almost got arrested. At least they did take away the rest of his
flares.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell