Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vernon Vernon is offline

Default Cable clips.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:
Was recently clipping some electrical cables to a bare brick-wall
prior to it being plaster-boarded.

However, if I hammered the clips into the mortar, they just fell out
again - the wall is ~70 years old.
And try as I might, I could not get them to hammer into the brick.

What's the usual way of attaching these to a brick wall?
Hammer into brick or mortar?

B&Q etc sell wall plugs specially for cable clips. Rather long winded but
worth it IMHO. In B&Q you'll find the beside the cable clips rather
than with the other wall plugs. You'll probably need a drill for them
too - IIRC 5mm.

IIRC they are called PIN PLUGS £2.28 for 100 at B&Q, I bought some earlier
this year, as I was also having problems getting nails to go in.