Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leenowell@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Handling a very heavy steel beam

On 19 Dec, 15:51, wrote:
On 19 Dec, 15:21, "George" wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in messagenews:j4dim3pvln2v68pvv6eulkapcpftat8164@4ax .com...

George wrote:

Cherry picker,lot cheaper than a crane hire.
position the beam on the cherry picers cradle then just gear the cradle

up
to the position and forward it into positon with the controls of the

cradle.

That must be a pretty beefy cherry picker. I wouldn't want to
write the safe system of work.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Some of them can take the weight of 7300kg,his beam only weighs 1000kghttp://www.capitalaccess.co.uk/equipment.php-Hide quoted text -

All,

Just to clarify, the beam itself is an "I" beam which is supported
either end by 2 box section columns.

Also interesting to see Ray's post as this is exactly what we are
doing and his steel seems a fair bit smaller. In fact, half the steel
is supporting the upstairs wall and roof (rafters run parallel so less
support I guess) and the other half is supporting the roof above.

This is great dialog

thanks
Lee.- Hide quoted text -

George - Just looking at the cherry pickers, how did you get the steel
on to the platform without destroying the surround/ railings etc.?

thanks
Lee.