Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
Prepair Ltd Prepair Ltd is offline

Default why 60-40 solder?

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:18:04 -0500, "mc"
wrote:

"Peter A Forbes" wrote in message
.. .

Multicore set the standard in the UK for many years and what they
suggested/supplied was what industry used. As everything was hand soldered
then,
it had to be a solder and flux with as wide an operating temperature range
as
possible.

During my brief stint in England (1977-78) I got some Multicore solder and
found it very easy to work with. Is it still available? In the USA?

Multicore is now owned by Henkel, and the solder products seem to have been
dropped, although solder pastes etc are still produced.

We buy our cored solder in from France.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes