Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default OT - Politics

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message

I also remember some of the lunatic fringe claiming that FDR
wanted war to pull the US out of the Depression--those megalomaniacs
trying to conquer the world must has escaped their attention...

You must be a blissful individual.

FDR commited or caused acts of war to be commited in an effort to get into
the war in Europe, and stated flatly that he preferred the Japanese to
strike the first blow as well.

The country, on the other hand, was pretty happy selling machinery and oil
for money, not Lend-Lease, FOB a US port. Did more for the economy than
simply make-work and printing money.

It might interest you to know that we supported colonial powers, and were
one ourselves in the Pacific. Imagine if the current crop of press-pigs had
had an opportunity to work on that?