Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle[_2_] Cliff Hartle[_2_] is offline

Default Should I empty the bathtub?

I think if I did my math right, if 40 gallons of water start at 100 degrees
and it cools to 70 you saved 13 cents based one therm of gas costing $1.14.

PS I have no idea how much a therm goes for these days.

wrote in message
I live in upstate NY and my house is heated with a furnace. The air in
my house is slightly on the dry side during the winter. When someone
takes a hot bath in the house should the hot water be left in the tub
till it cools down? It seems that if it were then it would contribute
both heat and moisture to the house.
Thanks , Richard