Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman Frank Drackman is offline

Default Getting the Craftsman Compucarve thingie for Christmas anyone using it out there?

"sawzdust" wrote in message

There are very detailed carvings that I would like to create and
duplicate and since I have only one life span the Compucarve could save a
great deal of time and offer a lot more options then dying of old age
leaving the job unfinished.

I have zero experience with the machine but one of the complaints that I
have heard is that you are restricted to the designs that they publish. If
true, that would make it a nonstarter for me.

Does anyone have the machine? If so, can you create entirely new designs?