Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default new garage door opener

"Bob" wrote in message ...

wrote in message
I am replacing my old noisy garage opener. Any comments about what
type/brand name to buy (or NOT to buy)? Thanks.

I'm in the same situation with my garage opener. I called the company
that installed my current opener (a Genie screw drive), and they
recommended a LiftMaster belt drive. However, at the LifeMaster website
(www.liftmaster.com), it was stated that their chain drive was the most
popular. I know I don't want another screw drive, as I think that's the
source of most of the noise I am experiencing. I, too, am looking for
advice.

Their chain drive is the most popular because it's the cheapest. Belt
drives models are suppose to be the quietest ones. They are also the most
spendy units. I have two Genie screw drives. While they are not the
quietest, I have has no problems with them. I really like the lighted
buttons of the wall consoles.