Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody DonkeyHody is offline

Default Getting the Craftsman Compucarve thingie for Christmas anyoneusing it out there?

The point was never missed... the kitchen cabinets all made and finished by
hand including the island. There are very detailed carvings that I would
like to create and duplicate and since I have only one life span the
Compucarve could save a great deal of time and offer a lot more options then
dying of old age leaving the job unfinished. Some of us really don't have
the time to carve specific items that may take months of spare time for one
piece whereas in under 5 hours and I can duplicate it, modify it and
recreate it at anytime I wish. At some point the finished product simply
outways the "process" regardless how noble or spiritual. Having the literal
in hand beats 2 philosophicals in the bush.

.......it's simply another tool.-

I don't often troll, but sometimes the Devil makes me do it. I'm
pretty much a Normie myself, but I'm discovering the Zen of Neander.
Y'all have fun with your compucarver. That's why they make chocolate
and vanilla.

DonkeyHody
"Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time
we rushed through life trying to save." - Will Rogers