Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Marking out flooring

petercharlesfagg wrote:
Thankyou for your suggestion.

As usual I do not include ALL the information in my original posting,
I always forget something!

The toilet cannot be raised, it fits under a window in a specially
designed alcove. Taking it out and replacing it would be a major
operation and would require considerable reconstruction. it is already
on a concrete plinth which raises it about an inch from the concrete
floor into which I assume it is bolted with ragbolts, because only the
nuts show.

I tremble at the thought of removing it!!!

Peter.

Its a piece of ****..well you know.....

You simply lay a plank alongside the loo and using a fixed length bit of
something at right angles to the wood, draw a line offset from the shape
you want onto the board.

Cut to that , move in by the offset and its a perfect fit..and off you go.