Randal O'Brian

Default Building a tracing machine 2 projects

There are at least 4 different gunstock duplicators on the commercial
market. Google for "gunstock duplicators" and you can get some ideas for
constructing your own. No sense in trying to reinvent a device that's been
around for many years.

Randy

"ken" wrote in message
om...
The second project is cutting info wood using a router as cutter. We
have patterns and are trying to cut channels for muzzleloader rifle
barrels. Were trying to duplicate some old guns so there are several
different shapes to do. Plan so far is to use Thompson bearings and
run the axis on a tube frame. the y axis runs on the x axis and at
the center is a pivot blank to the left and pattern to the right.
Anybody see any problems with this?
I've used thompson shafting before but we used it just for moving
large objects on frames we build on dip molding machines. I'm just a
lowly machinist and find myself for the first time with out some know
it all engineer telling me to do everything and somehow I'm now the
shop know it all --- God help us