Posted to alt.home.repair
Merlin Merlin is offline

Default Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

On Nov 4, 2:11 pm, Merlin wrote:
Has anyone used one of these for heating?

UL Listed
Manufacturers one-year warranty
600/900/1,500 triple watt heater. Heating element is factory-sealed in
mineral oil; oil is safely heated internally. No fumes, no flames.
Thermostat maintains temperature with automatic on/off cycles.
Seven-fin steel cabinet with easy rolling wheels. 7-ft. line cord with
high-temperature plug.

Just an update for those who are interested.

I now use two of these heaters. One in the 600 sq ft area that is set
on the highest wattage and about half way up on the Thermostat. It
keeps the area at a constant 74 degrees when it's 40 outside.

The other is in the bedroom and set on the lowest wattage and almost
off on the thermostat. It keeps the 240 sq ft bedroom at 72 degrees
while cycling during the 40 degree weather.

I love these things! The cost to run them both is about $2 per/day.

WAY cheaper that the propane I was using.