Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default why 60-40 solder?

wrote in message
One of my old Popular Mechanics (maybe it was Popular Science) magazines
I read back in the 1960s had an article about how to solder anything.Get
a small round wire brush for your electric drill (drill motor) and load
the brush up real good with solder.Apply the loaded up with solder wire
brush to a piece of wood, plastic, whatever, and you can solder a piece
of wire to the whatever.I never tried it out though.

This is a joke, right? First you're telling us about nails made red-hot by
microwaves, now you're telling us how to solder to plastic.