Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Getting the Craftsman Compucarve thingie for Christmas anyoneusing it out there?

On Dec 18, 12:11 pm, DonkeyHody wrote:
Buy yourself a good hand plane and learn to use

it. Then you'll understand. Or not.

A good hand plane doesn't do detailed relief carving.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

He's got you there, DonkeyHody....- Hide quoted text -

Y'all are missing the point entirely. The point wasn't about
different ways to get a relief carved panel. The point was about the
pleasure of working with your hands as opposed to pressing buttons on
a machine. Maybe I should have attempted some eloquence about the
deep spiritual experience when a razor sharp carving tool trails a
curly shaving as it leaves a perfect groove in a panel of good wood.
But I've never used carving tools, although I have used a good plane.
I expected you to make the leap to the philosophical, but you remained
mired in the literal. Pearls before swine.

I got your point just fine, Donk. *I* did.

What is the emoticon for 'tongue-in-cheek'? I must have misplaced mine.