Posted to rec.woodworking
asmurff asmurff is offline

Default Shop Heat Redux

I have one of the torpedo propane heaters warms the garage up quickly, but
is loud and usually run it for about 30 minutes before I start working.
Since I live in NM I can usually get away without running it again, unless
the wind is blowing hard

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"Greg O" wrote in message
"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message

So ... what - if anything - can I use to heat a garage safely
that is: a) Not electrically powered, b) Won't kill me of CO
poisoning, and c) Won't ignite sawdust as it flies around in the air?

In my opinion spend the money to get more power out there, run a natural
gas line and put up a Modine Hot Dawg, or a Reznor UDAP heater and be done
with it. I went the portable propane, and the kerosene heater route for a
while and after I installed my heating system I have now I would NEVER go
back!
You generally ask about safety, as far as I am concerned the portable
heaters are only as safe as the user, and maybe not that safe! They
generally stink, refueling is a hassle, and they are in the way!
If you are pulling wire, add a +60 amp sub-panel and never worry about
power again!
Greg