Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 04:37:40 -0800 (PST), wrote:

snip

Thank you, Don, for your courteous reply. I think I have figured it
out, - for whatever reasons, you Americans have a country thats awash
with firearms, and so there are going to be incidents that would
probably horrify you people as much as they do me. The gun advocates
response to this is to counter force with force, and from that point
of view, it makes perfect sense.

It's not "awash", just the figure is non-zero. Big difference.

Well, yeah, we're awash. The estimates run from a low of 223 million (DOJ)
to 290 million. You're mixing up the number of guns in the US with the
number of people who are carrying concealed, I think.

snip

--
Ed Huntress