Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] edalerichard@gmail.com is offline

Default Sink/pedestal fit?

On Dec 18, 6:52 pm, (A.Lee) wrote:
I'm in the process of fitting a new bathroom, and went to fit the sink
today, and found that it wouldnt sit flat on the pedestal.
It is made by Armitage Shanks, so not a particularly cheap suite.

I'm going to the shop at 9am tomorrow to see what they have to say, but
my view is that there has been a mix up either in what they have
delivered, or maybe they were not aware that they are different.

Now, the sink and pedestal should be a good fit shoudnt they?
I.E. no wobbling when they are sat together on a level surface.

This one has 2 ridges on the sink, upon which they sit on the pedestal
edge - it looks like the pedestal should be half an inch wider, so it
sits either side of the ridges.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Alan.

I've never had one thats a clean fit. Plumbers mait or silicone is the
answer