Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default tiling onto new plaster

JoeJoe wrote:
"Tim Decker" wrote in message
I have had to re-plaster part of my shower room. This is about 25mm
thick and was done using browning and then finish plaster.
I am assuming that I need this to dry completey before I plaster. Once
this is done I should prime the surface.

I have read conflicting advice on this. The tiling faq

http://www.enigmatist.com/free/john49/tilefaq.htm
recommends the use of pva.

However, elsewhere I have read that this can cause problems if it gets
wet.

I would be interested to hear the views of the group on this.
Thanks
Tim

Once plaster completely dry, PVA (5 to 1 or thereabout), and tile. I have
done 5 bathrooms and 7 kitchens this way over the last 5 years and haven't
had a problem yet.

IME standard tile adhesive sticks perfectly well to new plaster. It's
designed that way